Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life getting in the way


Well my friends another year has just begun. It is indeed time for new reflection and setting goals for the new year. What do you want to do this year, what are your plans. Did last year bring new challenges and accomplishments or did life get in the way....again??


Now what do you suppose that means? How does life "get in the way" of life. A friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a long time said he was glad to see I was doing something -painting- I loved and that I didn't let life get in the way.........Life ALWAYS gets in the way!


Right after Christmas day, I was planning to spend some quality time at the studio, planning what to do for this year and putting some finishing touches on some artwork I was working on.


I got a call from my mom saying my dad was taken to the hospital cause he fell out of bed a couple of times and she thought something was wrong. We spent 16 hours in the emergency and then admitted for 5 days in the hospital. They didn't find anything really wrong, only that he maybe had a virus of some sort, thank God.


I did eventually get to the studio this past week and although I didn't last week, I did feel like it was okay and that nothing really changed. Although life got in the way, I managed to get back to it quickly and didn't let myself get too down about my dad. The time away from the studio was actually good cause it made me more eager to get back to work.


There will always be something that will get in the way. Some family emergency, some unforeseen event, even our own self defeatist attitudes. We just have to keep moving forward, give yourself the time to deal with the situation, then continue on with your internal plan. There is nothing more important than staying focused and doing what you love in life. As hard as that might might be sometimes, it is as important to you as it is to those you love. I wish you all a very Happy New Year. May it bring you good health and lots of happiness.

No comments: